Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Octave

I've enrolled in the Stanford online machine learning course, and even before it's started it's making me think. It looks as though Octave will figure strongly in the course.

Octave has a pretty groovy set of capabilities, but I'm just not the unadorned command line kind of guy. I'm sure I'll be mostly running Octave on files. And here's the thing - what I really want to do with that is to generate the Octave code from Decl, because I'd like to be able to generate presentations from the same code, keep data in databases, and so forth. (Actually, I believe Octave knows how to talk to databases, but still.)

So I'm looking at Inline::Octave and we'll see how that works out. This is also a natural place to finish my macro system, which seems to have run aground again. Literate Octave programming.

No comments:

Post a Comment