Thursday, March 1, 2012

Declaration of constants

In a graphical coding environment (or something like a literate programming environment), you would have a reference section with the details of constants or starting values. For example, if I have a simple script that works on a list of things, I could put the list of things in a separate file, or define it as a constant list (a local table, in Decl). But if it were a constant list, then it would normally be hidden; you'd just want to be able to click it to manage the data.

Or alternatively, you could specify viewing parameters right on the object or in a separate viewing preferences object in the script file. The more I think about writing my own code editor for Decl, the more I like it - even though I'm reinventing the wheel, as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment