Friday, April 27, 2012

Time for a link dump

I've been sick, and the interesting tabs are piling up in my browser.  The problem is that the browser in question is on my 7-year-old XP laptop, and frankly, its CPU fan is starting to bug me.  So before I go to bed, link dump time!

  • jQuery file upload demo.  OK, I know, but I'm a sucker for this stuff.
  • Zac Stewart weighs in with an interesting proposal to use the HTTP OPTIONS verb for API self-description.
  • Mojolicious boilerplate.  You had me at "boilerplate".
  • Building world-class ML systems, an article at the O'Reilly Radar that I haven't even had time to read.  By the way, the complaints about NLP systems usually failing when normal mortals try to use them (OK, maybe I'm slanting that a little in paraphrase) is because current NLP systems aren't actually intelligent, but people don't have the mental tools to understand that.
  • wkhtmltopdf - heck of a name for a tool that uses WebKit to render an HTML page to PDF.
  • Diagram.ly - I'm pretty sure I've linked them before.  But still.  Here they are again.
  • First in a series listing the tools for modern Web development.
  • Nice post mortem on a virus infiltration.  I'm a sucker for that stuff, too.
  • My cousin Erin's old blog has a post on responsive prototyping that's pretty slick.
  • (See how I name-dropped there, but only for the really hip?  That's just how I roll.)
  • Clearly.pl, a programmable structured text editor in Javascript. [github]
  • generic-ci, a generic continuous integration tool that doesn't pull in all of Java.
  • Cheap hosting page.

No comments:

Post a Comment