Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wx::Declarative back where I was

Well, I've successfully factored the Class::Declarative out of Wx::DefinedUI (which is dead, long may it live) and I'm back to having all the stuff work that I had working last week. (!)

Going forward should be way easier now, and the hard stuff is factored out and unit tested so I can't break it as easily, but I feel oddly as though nothing had happened for a week. Except, of course, Class::Declarative is on CPAN now, which is very cool indeed.

So this is what works: code/closures, events (those are the core semantics), buttons, menus, message boxes (hardcoded text only), frames, sizers, dialogs. Next up is the status bar. Then I set out into serious wilderness by subclassing a window for the frame's client. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment