Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Grist for the mill

So of course you know what I'd like to do is to analyze streams of jobs appearing on the various freelancer sites, and be able to post with a finished product within minutes of the job being posted. I know, I know, but this is the sort of pipe dream that drives genius of my level. So when I run across sources for said job streams, I feel the need to bookmark them. And now, blog them, especially when I need to close my browser and dump links.

Twitter! Specifically, "I need software that".

Scriptlance "Data mining" tag. You can search by content as well. Whether an RSS feed is available I don't yet know, but a topic-specific set of aggregators would be the thing to start with, eh?

Freelancer.com "scraping" search term.

Anyway, it would be cool at least to start on the aggregator and NLP end of this, just to see how far I'd get before running into the really-not-worth-it wall.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Nicole from vWorker.com (formerly known as Rentacoder.com).

    Why not see what you can do with our job feed? You can get vWorker's latest Project information in popular RSS format, which is an 'open' newsfeed specification from this link: http://bit.ly/c4CZfb

    If you have any questions, feel free to call in to talk to a facilitator, or send email through the site's feedback form.

    Nicole
    vWorker.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good place to look for a freelance job opportunity is XPlace . It has very nice conditions for freelancers: higher rates than other boards, no commission requirement, and a lot of various job offers in many fields.

    ReplyDelete