Saturday, July 30, 2011

Target domain: Telephony

Twilio [representative link] provides telephony as a service, with the ability to write applications that handle incoming calls and SMSs in ways I'm sure I don't yet fully understand. (Add Faxaway.com for incoming and outgoing faxes and I think you've got all the telephone-network-based forms of communication covered...)

Anyway, I need to do a little Twilio work for a side venture I've got going on, so I'll need to spend some time with it - the question I'm now asking myself is: how difficult would it be to put together a domain for Twilio apps? What exactly does that even mean? I want to spend some time thinking about that, because writing app domains feels like an important direction for Decl. The final output language could be anything, after all - including PHP or what have you - so this is kinda like Web programming, except different.

So. Marker in the sand here.

No comments:

Post a Comment