Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Word link dump

So I got the Word template engine working in a rather simple form.  It can handle exactly one set of tabular information, and text in the columns is handled the way I want to handle it (each repeated field can appear in a column with other text in the first row, and subsequent repetitions of those fields will appear alone in cells inserted below the original appearance of the field).  It's a far cry from a really mature template engine, but it does what I need it to do right now, which is pretty slick.

During all that, I collected some Word automation links - mostly forum posts by people asking for help.  But I don't want to lose them. There's a great deal of Word expertise out there and I want to understand it better.

Anyway, full documentation of the Word API is ... well, there's a whole lot of functionality in Word.  I almost think the documentation/configuration of an API structure should come in modules or something, like "core text manipulation", then add reviewing and left-to-right text if you need them.  I don't know.  It's complicated - but worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment