Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Rx: reactive extensions to .NET and JS

So Rx is a reactive extension library that brings reactive programming to the .NET world, built on top of LINQ, which I'd also like to look at - and Microsoft just open sourced it.

It seems to me that reactive extensions are a natural outgrowth of lazy lists (plus an event subscription model for new additions to the list) and I could profitably bring them to Perl based on Data::Table::Lazy.  Just a thought.

I feel as though I'm recapitulating a lot of the pieces of Decl, only in standalone form.  This feels like a good thing - in the end, Decl will be just syntactic sugar on a lot of powerful tools, which is where it should have been in the first place (I just wasn't finding the tools I wanted).

No comments:

Post a Comment