Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Raven Software open-sources code for Star Wars games

This is always cool stuff: a couple of games got open-sourced after Disney's acquisition of Lucas.

I'm posting this under "open source target", but my understanding of what that means seems to have drifted a little. Originally I considered open source targets to be interesting things that could be done for programming using declarative styles and semantic programming. Now I find myself also including things that could be used as existing code for the purpose of exegesis and code understanding.

This is kinda both.

Note 2013-10-10: I just now noticed I didn't link to the post in question, but it doesn't matter. Raven apparently undecided to release, and all trace of their code is gone from SourceForge. That irks me, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment