Saturday, June 25, 2011

Intelligent content

So my cousin Erin has written a book, and it's about content, and I had to read the introduction (and may actually (gasp) purchase the book itself, yes, I know, it's a frightening concept) and then I read the comments on the introduction, and Erin's response to one of them, where she talks about intelligent content, which I take to be some sort of adaptive system to generate or modify content based on user input.

Well, Gentle Reader, if indeed you exist and you've read anything at all I've written, you know that topic is guaranteed to make me sit up and drool. So I have a research goal, I guess: find these people of whom she speaks, and make them give up their secrets.

I want to take a short moment here and say just how profoundly strange it is for someone whose birth I remember to have exceeded my own accomplishments in the field I (tangentially) ended up in. Although in Erin's case, it's OK. She was always just about my favorite cousin.

Update: Joe Gollner; a slideshow. I find it ... corporate. But intriguing. And a post about Ann Rockley.

No comments:

Post a Comment