Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Diagramming again

Along with Octave, I've been thinking that presentation of systems might benefit from a diagramming language. Not that this is a new thing for me; it recurs with tiresome periodicity, actually.

But this is its first recurrence since I have a pseudocode parser at the ready.

So I've been looking at different diagramming systems for inspiration. I'm not even primarily interested in a diagram editor - just a display based on a structural language. Like graphviz, really. I could see diagrams being editable later, and I could certainly see them being clickable links in a system description or the like, but right now my primary focus is typesetting of readable documents, I think.

This post has been pretty thin in terms of doing anything except establishing a point of interest, hasn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment