Thursday, January 19, 2012

openFrameworks

I ran across openFrameworks in September; it's the framework used to build that real-time video face mapper. The framework itself is pretty interesting, and it would be fascinating to write a domain for it in Decl - I'm having the same thoughts about Pygame, actually, the basis for the Fly steno tutorial I'm porting to Windows.

Anyway, I was just perusing old bookmarks and found a fascinating link to aesthetics reading for programmers that just begs for followup, and that guy's blog has some newer posts that reference openFrameworks - he's written a crawler for Github that automatically indexes add-ons and catalogs them at ofxaddons.com.

There's something like a language for ... creative ... stuff developing there. I get these glimpses of it. This is another lead to follow up when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment