Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIP in the wild

So here's a really well-written article about software engineering - which paradoxically, given that I earned my bread and butter with software development for over a decade and have both a BS and and MS in CompSci, I really know very little about.

But there is a lot of good thought out there (in the Java enterprise world, mostly) about how to engineer this kind of software and model at scale. It's important stuff; out on the enterprise edge people are pushing the boundaries of the number of details a human organization can actually keep track of, and the way they do it is quite instructive in terms of how we think about software.

And this author just plain writes well.

Filed under data modeling because I don't even have a thread for software engineering, it's so far from my normal stomping grounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment