Monday, May 28, 2012

Markdent

Well, naturally I want to write my books in Markdown instead of HTML, so I've been prowling around CPAN for proper Markdown processors...  They're all direct-to-HTML converters, except one: Markdent, by the ubiquitous Dave Rolsky.  Markdent is an event-based, configurable Markdown dialect parser.  So that's what I'm going with - because I want to be able to pull out links and the like as I go along my tree, and later I want to be able to output HTML5 article/section/aside tags, especially "aside" for sidebars, and I want to be able to write a markdown block for those.

Actually, I'm probably going to standardize on Markdent in Decl as well, once I get back to it.

Of course, that introduces a Moose dependency, but you know what?  Maybe it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment