Thursday, December 13, 2012

New policy here

In the past, I've tended to open interesting tabs from HNN and leave them there until the sheer weight of Chrome bogged down my system to the point that the exhaust from the fan started charring my desk surface.  By the time I roll around to blogging them (which is the point of leaving them open), I usually have fifty to chug through and I'm left with very little of interest to say - not that this is necessarily a bad thing, because linking itself is a perfectly valid goal, but still, it's another pile of tasks that bogs down me to the point where my exhaust chars my vicinity.

That bogging down means that instead of blogging being a joyous way to express myself, it starts to look like, well, work.  Unpaid work, my least favorite kind.

So: new policy.  If it's interesting, blog it now.  If it's not interesting enough to blog before I have three tabs open, then close it.

There is an infinite fire hose of interesting things on the Internet.  If I miss some, nobody cares, not even me.  And this is a way to push the balance back away from consumption and towards production.

No comments:

Post a Comment