Sunday, December 16, 2012

VX technology

Just discovered a whole subreddit about VX tech - man, that brings back memories!  I did a summer internship at Ball State in 1983 and they had an obsolete VX5 in the basement.  I worked through the manuals in my time off - copious - and at one point managed to bring in Radio Moscow on the secondary fibrillation coils (the Danffy eigenvectors had to be accurate within four sigs, though - you had to use a special-order triangular-calibrated sliderule to get anything better than three, back then, but I recently saw an article about a guy who'd successfully simulated that tri-cal stick on a Beowulf cluster).

I had to quit messing with it when the resonance arrays heterodyned with the Dean's fillings, though, and I had to work without pay the rest of the summer to pay for the restorative dental work.

There's a Wiki, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment